Annually the United Way supports a grant program in Lackawanna County with funds collected from individuals, corporations and employee groups made up of Lackawanna County residents during the United Way campaign.
This is a small grant that is built and targeted for grass roots organizations with limited administrative capacity. This is in an effort that United Way is taking to try and serve more diverse populations residing in Lackawanna County that may experience difficulties when applying for other funding streams. Organizations can apply for funding for 1 program with a limit of a $10,000 request.
- For an organization to qualify they must have an organizational budget of less than $400,000.
- Organizations must be a 501(c)(3) organization or partner with a United Way approved 501(c)(3) organization to apply.
- Organization has bylaws that state the purpose of the organization, make provisions for the size of the Board of Directors and provide rules for: selection and tenure of board members, the number of officers and committees, financial and legal procedures, and quorum requirements.
- Organization has proof of current directors’ and officers’ liability insurance.
- Organization maintains compliance with all applicable legal licensing requirement and maintains appropriate insurance coverage.
- All program requests must fit within the one of the 3 priority areas of United Way which are Education, Health and Economic Mobility.
Application Guidelines to Keep in Mind:
- Receiving funds in one fiscal year does not ensure that the grant will be renewed in the following year(s). It is imperative that the organization does not count on United Way funds as a recurring funding stream.
- In the benchmark section, be sure to state clear numbers of individuals impacted by the program. It is understood that this is a projection until the program is completed. The actual number of impacted individuals must be included in the report section at the end of the fiscal year.
- While the Committee may fund a capital item, the preferred usage of the United Way funds is for programs that impact individuals in the community.
- As always, if there are any questions concerning this application process, please contact William Craven via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
United Way supports a grant program in Lackawanna County with funds collected from individuals, corporations and employee groups made up of Lackawanna County residents during the United Way campaign. This grant process is overseen by a group of individuals that comprise these donors in order to make funding decisions based on the applications that are submitted to United Way. It is the responsibility of the dedicated volunteers on the Lackawanna County Funds Distribution Committee to ensure donations are spent in the most cost-efficient method in priority areas for the residents of the Lackawanna County. All the decisions are made by local volunteers and then approved by the United Way Board of Directors. The Funds Distribution Committee members are the stewards of the community fund.
This funding process will be run through and operate through our e-C Impact online software. The agency login link can be found HERE .
In order to receive login information you must first contact Will Craven (email@example.com) in order to receive login credentials. Applications are now available to any organization that meets the above criteria.
Application submission deadline is September 22nd.