Pennsylvania Medicare Education and Decision Insight (PA MEDI) offers FREE Medicare counseling to anyone who is on Medicare or will be going on Medicare. PA MEDI Counselors are specially trained to answer your questions and provide you with objective, easy-to-understand information about Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans.
PA MEDI counselors work individually and confidentially with beneficiaries to determine their health care needs and preferences, compare health insurance options, and help obtain Medicare and supplemental coverage that fits their lifestyle and their budget.
PA MEDI Counselors do not sell Medicare products but rather offer current, unbiased Medicare Education to help you make the most informed choice about the Medicare options available to you.
Our PA MEDI Counselors can help you:
- Understand Medicare eligibility and enrollment
- Understand your Medicare benefits by explaining what services are covered under Medicare Parts A and B and your Medicare Summary Notice
- Understand your Medicare Prescription Drug (Part D) benefit
- Make informed choices about Medicare coverage options, Medigap policies, and Medicare Advantage Plans
- Understand financial assistance programs that may be available to help pay for your Medicare premiums, deductibles and co-pays, as well as your prescription drug needs (Extra Help and Medicare Savings Plans)
- Understand and assist with Medicare appeal process
- By making presentations on Medicare to your group or organization
Lackawanna County PA MEDI is operated by the United Way of Lackawanna and Wayne Counties in partnership with Lackawanna County Area Agency on Aging.
Effective July 1, 2021, APPRISE is now Pennsylvania Medicare Education and Decision Insight, PA MEDI- Same Program, Same Services for Pennsylvania’s Medicare Beneficiaries, now with a New Name.
To become a volunteer with the program:
Medicare Annual Open Enrollment Flyer >> Download Here
The following link is a presentation that provides a brief overview of what the PA MEDI (previously named APPRISE) program is, what services are provided, and how the services are provided. It then provides basic Medicare information that is especially important to those new to Medicare or will soon be eligible for Medicare.